Yes, you do have intuitive healing abilities. Everyone does! It’s just that most people haven’t learned to direct the power of their mind. Here’s how to get started:
- Change your attitude. A lot of your attitude – or outlook on life – flies below the radar, outside your awareness. It’s due to persistent negative beliefs. These are the same beliefs that caused the energy blockages in the first place! Notice any areas of struggle in your life: these clearly point to self-limiting beliefs you hold about yourself: for example, “I’m not good enough to be successful” or “Nobody can love someone like me.” You don’t even know these beliefs exist, yet they manifest in your life circumstances and in your health problems!
- Know your body. Not many of us are all that attuned to our bodies. Be aware of the physical feelings you have, every day – not just the big aches and pains, but the more subtle things like persistent but less annoying things you may have just gotten used to: dry skin, bloating, gas, fatigue, low libido, etc. These are signs from your body that something’s not right! The body does a great job of self-repair, when given a chance, but any persistent problem means the system is out of balance. Learn to sense your energy (“chi” or “prana”) by doing a systematic body scan (feet to top of head) where you visualize your chakras – each chakra corresponds to a different color – and hold your attention on each one until you sense its color and vitality. If a color seems weaker than the others, there’s a blockage.
- Listen to your intuition. Your inner guidance is always available to teach you and point you in the right direction. Its guidance sometimes goes counter to the intellect. You can open the doors to intuition by meditation or prayer. Your answers come in the form of hunches, visual images, sounds, gut feelings, memories or a ‘knowing’. These feelings can be strong or subtle. You may receive answers in your dreams. These can be tough to interpret because the symbols used by the mind are sometimes bizarre. Keep a dream journal and write down and interpret every dream you can remember – especially the recurring ones, which are essential to understand! The more you learn to listen to your intuition, the easier you will come to notice it and trust it.
4. Direct your energy. Focus your mental and emotional energy on healing. Visualize the body as completely healthy (not ‘being healed’ or ‘healing’ which is the process, not the end result). Also avoid giving thought to the existing condition because ‘what you think about, comes about’.Visualize the end result you want – perfect health in every aspect of the word!Use the visualization techniques described above to specifically direct the healing energy.
5. Allow. Allow the healing to work. Don’t second-guess, don’t doubt. Set your intention to heal, use visualization and emotional power of thoughts, and kick back and let your body do its thing!
Why Intuitive Healing Works
Intuitive healing works because of the mind-body connection. Interestingly, there is really no such ‘connection’ because that would imply that the mind and body are separate. They’re not! They are aspects of the same thing, just as you cannot separate a side of a piece of paper from the material it’s made of.